1 x 3 lb. Chicken (washed & cleaned cut into parts)
Quarter cup Wishbone Italian Dressing Salt & Pepper to taste
1 cup All Purpose Flour
Half cup + Quarter cup Blue band Margarine
1 large Onion (diced)
24 button Mushrooms (Quartered)
2 Green Bell Peppers (diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
6 cl. Garlic (chopped)
1 cup White Wine
1 cup Ragu Tomato Sauce
1 Knorr Chicked Stock (dissolved in 2 cups hot water)
8 Basil Leaves (torn)
3 springs Thyme (chopped)
Half tsp. Dry Oregano
1 Fresh Bay leaf
- Marinate chicked with the Wishbone Italian Seasoning for at least 3 hours.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper then dredge in flour.
- In a large pot, heat half cup Blue Band Margarine, Saute the chicken pieces in batches until golden brown, set aside. Discard used Margarine.
- In the same pot add remaining quarter cup Blue Band Margarine then saute onions, mashrooms, green bell peppers, red bell peppers & garlic until softened.
- Add white wine and simmer until evaporated.
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer & return the chicken pieces to the pot.
- Simmer for 45 minutes. Adjust the seasoning. Serve hot.